Makom Afterschool is an innovative and pluralistic Jewish after-school program for children in JK through Grade 5.
Founded by parents in 2011, Makom Afterschool enables children to attend their local neighbourhood school while gaining a high-quality Hebrew language and Jewish education. Come see what we’re about: Join our warm Jewish community.
Our Jewish learning model:
- Is experiential and fun
- Is pluralistic and inclusive
- Fosters creativity and independent thinking
- Explores Jewish culture, values, and traditions
- Is infused with Hebrew language through conversation, stories and song
- To enhance Jewish identity and meaningful connections to Jewish life
- To teach Jewish values, traditions, and culture through a pluralistic and joyous approach
- To engender a love and appreciation of the Hebrew language
- To create a rich, Hebrew-infused environment in which promotes the development of Hebrew language skills: understanding, reading, speaking and writing
Families are encouraged to get involved in their children’s education. Parents receive regular communication from the teachers, school leaders and Makom with curriculum updates and invitations to participate in special community and family events.
FIND US AT THESE LOCATIONS
BLOOR & BATHURST
COLLEGE & SPADINA
DUFFERIN & DAVENPORT