About Makom Afterschool
Makom Afterschool is a fun, inclusive, pluralistic Jewish and Hebrew learning program for kids in JK through Grade 5. (For older kids, check out our middle school program!)
Why Choose Makom Afterschool?
- Focus on Hebrew Conversational Hebrew, reading & writing taught by native Hebrew speakers
- Pluralism We embrace traditional, liberal & cultural approaches to Judaism.
Interfaith/intercultural & LGBTQ families welcome! No synagogue membership required
- Community Family programs & holiday celebrations
- Locations With 3 different sites, find us in a TDSB school near you!
- Convenience We meet immediately after school, and offer transportation from some nearby schools
- Schedule Two afternoons per week, September through June, maximizing learning time and leaving weekends free
A Makom Afterschool education includes:
- Hebrew (speaking, reading, and writing)
- Shabbat and Holidays
- Texts and Stories of Our Tradition
- Jewish Values and Mitzvot
Families will be invited to participate in Shabbat and holiday celebrations and special community events throughout the year.
Find us at These Locations
BLOOR & BATHURST
COLLEGE & SPADINA
DUFFERIN & DAVENPORT
Every Jewish child in downtown Toronto has access to high-quality Jewish and Hebrew education, supporting their development as ethical, engaged, and empowered Jews within the diversity of religious and cultural approaches to Jewish life.
Makom Afterschool provides high-quality, pluralistic Jewish and Hebrew-language education in neighbourhood public schools to students in JK through Grade 5. Children from the diversity of downtown Jewish families find their place in our warm and welcoming community.