Don't miss our Open House & Info Nights - March 27 & 30!
Early Bird Discount: Register before May 1 to get 15% off tuition deposit!
Students can start at any age, regardless of Hebrew knowledge. We accept students starting in Junior Kindergarten, provided they are completely potty-trained and able to participate fully in class. If your child has an individualized learning plan or needs specific teaching approaches, please speak with Rabbi Emma before registration to make sure Makom Afterschool is right for your child.
We accept registration from early spring through the beginning of the school year, but will accept additional registrations once the school year begins if space allows. We do, however, often have a wait-list. Makom Afterschool runs September to June, concurrent with the school year. If you are moving or have other special circumstances, please contact us to discuss.
HOW TO REGISTER
Registration for the 2017/18 school year opens on March 15.
Please review our payment policies (below) before submitting payment.
FEES AND DEADLINES
A unique feature of Makom Afterschool is schedule flexibility—choose two, three, four or five days per week.
Our fees are in line with other similar programs in the downtown area. Tuition covers all classes from September through June. We are also able to offer limited need-based financial aid on a first-come, first-served basis.
IMPORTANT DEADLINES - 2017/18
May 1, 2017
Early Bird deadline
June 1, 2017
Transportation requests deadline
August 1, 2017
Final Registration deadline to be able to start in September, if space allows
After August 1, enrollment is subject to availability. Please email familyed@makomTO.org to inquire.
If submitting payment before May 1, get $15% off your deposit for our Early Bird Discount!
Tuition deposit is due at registration and is paid online via PayPal (no account needed) or e-transfer. Upon submitting your registration form, please mail your four post-dated cheques for the remaining payments, payable to “Makom,” to:
Makom 402 College Street
Toronto, ON M5T 1S8
Tuition for children’s religious education is considered a tax-deductible charitable donation by the Canada Revenue Agency. Makom will issue tax receipts for the full amount of tuition paid.
A non-refundable 20% deposit is due at registration.
The balance of tuition can be paid at registration along with the deposit. Otherwise, the remainder is due immediately in four equal payments by cheque, dated September 1, October 1, November 1 and December 1. Cheques returned as non-sufficient funds are subject to a $40 fee per cheque.
If you require busing, you will pay for busing separately from tuition by June 1, with one cheque for all 10 months of busing. Note that the availability of busing is pending busing registration numbers.
- We require submission of all cheques for each child at time of registration.
- The tuition deposit is fully non-refundable.
- The transportation payment is fully non-refundable.
- After registration, if you withdraw your child from Makom Afterschool, the following timetable applies:
- June 1 and before: Refund of all tuition payments, except deposit
- June 2 - July 31: Refund of 50% of annual tuition, except deposit
- August 1 and afterward: Tuition is completely non-refundable
- If you decide to reduce the number of days your child attends Makom Afterschool once the year has started, you may do so, but we are unable to refund any tuition payments as class sizes and teaching staff have been determined according to registration numbers.
- Please note that children’s religious education tuition paid is considered a charitable donation by the Canada Revenue Agency. Therefore, in the event of a child’s withdrawal from Makom Afterschool, any non-refunded tuition payments will still be considered tax-deductible donations for which tax receipts will be issued.
- No exceptions will be made to this policy.